Have you ever thought about taking up golf but never quite got around to it, perhaps because you thought it was too late to learn?
Think again, your senior years can be the very best time to enjoy the game!
Here Are Ten Great Reasons Seniors Should Take Up Golf
1. Age is not a barrier: You are never too old to learn golf and it doesn’t matter what shape or size you are either. Golfers, even professional golfers come in every shape and size imaginable.
2. You will live longer: Yes, really you will, 5 years on average according to a Swedish study. Google it!
3. You will stay healthier: Golf help keeps you physically active and, if you walk, you will burn an average of 1500 calories playing 18 holes of golf.
4. Golf keeps you mentally active: Golf is not just a physical game but a mental one as well. It calls for strategy, creativity and problem-solving, all of which help keep your brain active, one of the key ingredients in fighting off the aging process.
5. It’s a great way to bridge the generation gap: You can play with your son, daughter or whomever you meet on the first tee. Golfers don’t care how young or old you are just that you enjoy the game!
6. Improves your social life: Golf is a very social game. We offer men’s and ladies golf leagues that are free to join as a member plus they are a great way to make new friends or start a new relationship.
7. The enjoyment of being close to nature. You will encounter many different forms of nature on the golf course including; birds, beavers, deer, flowers and many different species of trees. And, don’t forget about the wonderful smell of freshly cut grass.
8. The never-ending challenge: With golf, every day is a fresh start to your never-ending mission to shoot a lower score, par a specific hole or hit a certain type of shot well.
9. Great value recreational: Golf is really a great value when compared to many other activities and I am sure if you do the math you will agree.
10. The camaraderie of the 19th After your round of golf, you can set the world’s problems to right and complain about the younger generation over your favorite beverage.
Your Next Steps: If you haven’t played n a while, why not start with some lessons? Or, purchase a range membership, we offer amazingly good value compared to other activities.
Give yourself a high five for getting out of the house and doing something that will make a real difference in your life!